As of April 2013, JobStart has received Ontario government funding from the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, for the Newcomer Settlement Program (NSP), in which you can get assistance to:


  • Get settled in your new community 

  • Find housing, a job or childcare service 

  • Register your children in school 

  • Access other programs such as English or French language programs, employment services, skills training and foreign credential assessment  

  • Get information about provincial or federal government services such as healthcare and social services 

  • Fill out forms and applications to access government programs and services 

  • Access interpretation services or have documents translated 

  • And much more! 


These services are open to all newcomers, including permanent residents, Canadian citizens, and refugee claimants.  

To find out more or obtain services, call to speak to the NSP Settlement Counselor at 416-231-2295 ext. 6251 or visit us in-person.

See similar programs here

Funded by:

  • Twitter JobStartTO
  • Facebook JobStartTO
  • YouTube JobStart
  • LinkedIn JobStart

Phone: 416 - 231 - 2295

TTY : 711 (Relay Service)




About Us



Job Postings




Having issues viewing

our site? Visit our

accessibility page!

Toronto Nonprofit Network

March 12, 2020

Learn how to protect yourself from fraud and scams by attending our free workshop on Be Safe from Fraud and Scams on March 30, 2020 from 2 to 4​ PM at # 201 – 219 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario M6K 3J1. “

Read More

March 11, 2020

Looking to hire an Investment Analyst? Thanks to @Manulife Empowering Women to Employment project, all our graduates are highly skilled, and job ready. #hirenewcomers #jobsupport #newcomerwomen @JobStart #jobready #hirewomen

Read More

March 10, 2020

JobStart’s Newcomer Community Integration Program celebrated International Women’s Day by taking care of ourselves; we exhaled our negativities and inhaled all the love and positivity around. Thanks to Demet Ergin Boran and Ece Aksungur for the amazing session in Transformational Breathing! We loved it!

Read More

March 02, 2020

Looking to hire a Real Estate Underwriter? Thanks to @Manulife Empowering Women to Employment project, all our graduates are highly skilled, and job ready. #hirenewcomers #jobsupport #newcomerwomen #employers  #women #empower @JobStart​

Read More

See more News and Events

© 2019 JobStart. Creative donated by